KARACHI: Authorities on Monday arrested in-charge of the police training center’s canteen who served poisonous food among recruits.
Health of some 244 trainees was destabilized after eating contaminated food in Razzaq Abad police training center later on Sunday. At least 100 of them were later discharged from Jinnah hospital after the treatment.
Officials said Governor and Sindh Chief Minister has ordered enquiry into the incident and a committee has been set up, comprising DIG Inspection and DIG Training in this regard.
An affected trainee told SAMAA that the rotten meal included Anda Chana Salan (boiled eggs with chickpeas curry). He said the same poisonous food was served at breakfast and lunch as well. -- SAMAA